On completion, candidates will be competent to provide services including;
- Prepare clients for service
- Maintain tools & work areas
- Interact and assist colleagues
- Head neck and shoulder massage
- Blow dry effectively
- Receive and handle stock
Assessment methods may include:
- Written and oral assessment
- Demonstration/ Observation
- Scenarios/ Roleplay
- Portfolio of evidence
- Workplace case studies
The hairdressing sector is predominantly comprised of small businesses, many of which are operated as salons by self-employed hairdressers. Students have access to a fully equipped Hairdressing salon services environment (simulated) for practical demonstration and observations of all appropriate units throughout the course. Practical tasks will be set for each student that relate to the course structure and hairdressing. Accend Education Group has hairdressing services open to the public, where students are able to maintain their skills required to successfully complete this qualification. An assortment of assessment methods structures this qualification including Practical Observation, Written Assessment, Project, and simulated Workplace observation. Students will have access to a full range of hairdressing resources required for this qualification. Assessments given to participants will occur in set tuition time (observational-based assessments) and outside class time (project-based assessments). All practical demonstrations will be observed by an Accend Education Group Trainer/Assessor. In meeting their obligations to train a trainee, Accend Education Group will ensure that:
- The student has access to the full range of settings/experiences required to develop competencies in all aspects of hairdressing.
- The student has access to the full range of tools and equipment commonly used by workers employed in hairdressing.
- The student will be instructed and supervised by a suitably qualified and experienced person.